69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reflexive Pronouns - Freebie!


Holy moley, guacamole! Reflexive pronouns in second grade!
We need practice, practice, practice!

It's hard to use reflexive pronouns correctly if you don't really "get" pronouns!
I predict lots of literacy station work and reviews in our future!
If your kiddos need practice, too, then click on the pic of the penguin above to get the activity.
If you would like even more activities on all different types of pronouns, click {HERE} to purchase the entire unit from my brand new Teachers Pay Teachers store! Please follow me while you are visiting so you keep up with all the new products I post!

Since I can't leave a comment for MYSELF, will you? Please tell me what you do for reflexive pronouns!
Second, Third - TeachersPayTeachers.com



8 comments:

  1. Good for you, opening up a TpT store!! You share so many things!! You are so sweet!! Thank you for this! It looks great and it's so cute!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to use it with my kiddos who have trouble with pronouns. They should really enjoy the penguin theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your freebies, thank you! Reflexive pronouns go really well with daily routines (bath myself, dress myself, feed myself etc) so that is normally the theme I use to teach it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirra,
      That's a great idea! I'm going to use that when I introduce them with my kiddos next weeks.
      Mary

      Delete
  4. When I teach reflexive pronouns in group therapy sessions I first start with our own bodies (most concrete). I stand up by myself and talk about "myself" pointing at me (as a visual)...same as suggested above..."this morning I woke up and dressed myself, fed myself, drove myself to school, etc.)...then I have each child stand up individually and I have them repeat the same (about "themselves"). Then of course I have one student stand up, while I ask the others sitting "what does she/he (pointing to standing child) do for her/himself?"...and we answer in sentences (He dresses himself, he washes himself, etc.)...then I have two students stand and we talk about what "they" do by "themselves". The next step is less concrete but still with visuals. I add pictures to represent different reflexive pronouns. Kids draw a picture themselves and that visual represents "myself" (when they talk about themselves), I have a picture of a girl (herself), boy (himself), girl + boy (themselves)...put all of these pics in a bucket, and verbs in another bucket...choose one card from each bucket and create sentences (She drinks milk by herself. They sled down the hill by themselves, etc.) and expand from there. Can choose two pics the children drew of themselves to represent "ourselves". And so on. I hope this makes sense. It's a process but it helps with all the scaffolding to make this idea more understandable. Thanks for the awesome FREEBIE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your wonderful freebies!
    briawnacallahan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! My ELL kids will definitely benefit from this activity! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing! This is a tough skill for my second graders, as well.

    ReplyDelete