69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lucky Sentences for St. Patrick's Day -- Freebie

Can you believe it's almost St. Patrick's Day? Until the past few years, elementary teachers and kids were the only people I noticed celebrating. Lately, though, you see St. Patrick's Day celebrations everywhere.

To help you celebrate, here's a quick activity to put together for a literacy station. Give your students a card with a simple sentence and have them expand it into either a compound or complex sentence.

Just click on the link above for your freebie.

If you'd like a chance to get a free copy of my St. Patrick's Day Lucky Sentences pack I just posted in my TpT store, leave a tip for my readers on how you teach expanding sentences in the comment field below. I'll pick the two most original ideas and send you the entire packet. Please leave your comments by midnight on Tuesday, March 10. Be sure you include an email address so I can send you the pack.


2 comments:

  1. I refer to expanded sentences as "silver dollar" sentences and they are worth more than a "penny" sentence. When writing sentences I will give them a "silver dollar" if their sentence is " worth" it. If not, they earn a "penny" and we work on making the sentence worth more. They can exchange their penny for a silver dollar if their revisions make their sentence worth it! They get very excited when they " earn" a silver dollar. It is like a badge of honor for them!
    Nancy
    nancydrav4@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I always have such a hard time teaching this concept. I'm going to use this today!

    ReplyDelete